WHAT IS MORTERO ALHAMBRA?
It is a new mortar consisting of fluorescent properties, to be used in restoration, visible only under ultraviolet light. It is made of three different bases, those of gypsum, lime and stucco.
It is currently registered by the Council of the Alhambra and Generalife, in Granada (Spain), with patent number P-200803328 by the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office.
WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
Thanks to its fluorescent properties, it is used in all types of volumetric reconstructions as well as a base for chromatic reintegration, varnishing, protective raisin coatings and patinas without losing its properties under ultraviolet light.
HOW IS IT PREPARED?
Due to its low percentage in fluorescent components it does not modify the base of the various mortars and it is prepared just like any other traditional mortar; that is, the given quantity of water is added to the necesary quantity of mortar according to its application.
WHAT ARE ITS ADVANTAGES?
- It finishes with the reproduction of historical faults.
- It allows us to quantify the extent of the intervention.
- It leaves the extent of the intervention in everyone’s hands.
- It respects the original work and previous interventions.
- It allows invisible recontructions which can be visible only under ultraviolet light.
- It adheres to the Rules of Restoration through Reversibility and Differentiation.
- It allows all techniques of chromatic reintegration and varnishing without losing its qualities.